Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:54 am 

And for now why not grab your partner and promenade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:06 am 
Banned

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
isaac wrote:
We briefly had a moderator named "MonitorLizard" ...

that fucker worked for mikey; he'd also camp out in the chat room, deleting inappropriot chat comments

Is it too late to ban Mikey? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:41 pm 

Isaac joined the chatroom last night while MFT and SB and myself were chatting. Isaac kept butting in and changing the topic, which to me, personally, shows lack of maturity and social skills, not to mention rudeness.
BAN ISAAC!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:34 pm 
Banned

20 to 11 for banishment, as of now.

I wonder if he wishes he could UNDO the last week?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:45 pm 

Voted for bannage, however this isn't because of Isaac specifically, I'm just sick of seeing thread after thread of this bullshit.

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:30 pm 

Yes.

He should be banned. I'm sick and tired of his temper tantrums, his lies and his namecalling.
He keeps saying that he's been a 'vaild, contributing member' to this forum, but the truth is he hasn't. not one bit.

he's been doing this same shit for years now.

isaac is nothing. he's a coward. he's a spoiled brat. he's an obnoxious brat.

and he's a lying brat. and, he will never change...

ban his ass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:15 pm 

60% say Yes
28% say No
And it hasn't even been 24 hours yet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:58 pm 
Banned

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
60% say Yes
28% say No
And it hasn't even been 24 hours yet!

That's because you rigged the polls by signing up multiple accounts to vote "yes".

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:29 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Yes.

He should be banned. I'm sick and tired of his temper tantrums, his lies and his namecalling.
He keeps saying that he's been a 'vaild, contributing member' to this forum, but the truth is he hasn't. not one bit.

ban his ass

Here here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:37 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Yes.

ban his ass

ban him even more.

I've just spent more than an hour with him in the chat room.

he's totally hopeless.

and, to all of you who say we should ignore him; what internet are you on?

ban the sucker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:41 pm 
Banned

He wont listen. He just keeps repeating his theories of how people are out to get him.

If he would just knock it off, people will let this past week go. But he won't.

A very troubled young man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:45 pm 

just get rid off the asshole once and for all:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:51 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Yes.

ban his ass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:54 pm 

[quote="swiftkicknow"][/quote]

hey there, stiffdick; moved to california yet? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:56 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
isaac wrote:
I did NOT fucking ...you fucking brat. Get fucking over ... fucking trolling .... Get fucking real... stupid fucking thread...fucking ridiculous....FUCKING ...

Isaac

calm the fuck down dude, that was my vote

no banning, no moderators, bump away; this ain't the gordon lightfoot forum ... vote for chuck b.

Hah! Yeah, but there's a whole lot of times it feels like the James Taylor/Janis Ian forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:57 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:

hey there, stiffdick; moved to california yet? :twisted:

Not yet, Grumpy Lady.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:10 pm 

ban isaac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:09 pm 

swiftkicknow wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
isaac wrote:
I did NOT fucking ...you fucking brat. Get fucking over ... fucking trolling .... Get fucking real... stupid fucking thread...fucking ridiculous....FUCKING ...

Isaac

calm the fuck down dude, that was my vote

no banning, no moderators, bump away; this ain't the gordon lightfoot forum ... vote for chuck b.

Hah! Yeah, but there's a whole lot of times it feels like the James Taylor/Janis Ian forum.

I agree, yet we have children here who can't handle and shouldn't be expected to handle their yoohoo
and frankly, I don't want this bullshit to continue either, but short o him gettin banned, what else can we do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:33 am 

I think he is extremely annoying in short intense periods. These are recurring events, where probably the rest of us could have helped by just ignoring it. He acts childish on these occasions, but concerting a "ban" campaign clearly just gets him more cooked up.

I feel a bit sorry for him, because what he writes shows that he doesn't feel good at all in those periods. But banning is not a solution. We would just create a martyr. That has never helped anybody in history. And the only harm he is doing, as I see it, is to himself. Yes, he made 212 (or whatever) posts in a day or two, but they didn't take up particularly much bandwidth compared to Trendy's long posts or MGG's long copy paste reportages. And, if they caused bandwidth troubles or disruption it was just as much because of all the people (myself included) that responded to them, and engaged in real-time verbal trashing.

So yes to "Isaac: Cooling down is mature; continuous shouting is immature" but no to "Ban Isaac."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:28 am 

HJ wrote:
And the only harm he is doing, as I see it, is to himself. Yes, he made 212 (or whatever) posts in a day or two, but they didn't take up particularly much bandwidth compared to Trendy's long posts or MGG's long copy paste reportages.

Are you implying in anyway I am "doing harm" to this here forum by posting news and information articles? Texts take WAY LESS bw than pictures, but you forgot to mention them (which I enjoy a lot too: love jimmie's cartoons, even the ones that are straight propaganda from the cartoonists' bosses, they help us think).

If you people pay for amount of data you can DL from your ISP, you are clearly being screwed up by them...

Most of my texts are concentrated on pertinent, signalized areas of this forum (many which I have created myself for this particular purpose), so it is not like you need to read them, if you don't feel like it...

Anyway, I surely don't have to be here justifying this particularly to you (someone who has already again and again criticized my posts in the present and past. I for one, don't think it is their length that particularly piss you off, but their content. They must usually spoil what I think it is your little "Fantasy Island" vision of the world...).

IMO, you are trying to associate my posts with the subject of banning Isaac and with another clearly problematic forum member, Trendy, with whom I even somehow sympathize (he has held his fire since his last crisis). I don't think that is honorable in any way...

Back on the subject of banning: I am for the thesis that this forum should be ideologically unmoderated. Technical maintenance (e.g dealing with spammers) and written reprimendas of anti-social members by the admin, could be an option, but this forum is already a self emergent entity and can auto-regulate itself, as it has been shown many times since its founding in 2002.

I voted for Ban Isaac, but not because I really want him banned, just to count how many people he has pissed off lately. I hope he can learn and grow with this whole thing...

Post subject: BAN MIKEY
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:59 am 
Banned

HJ wrote:
I think he is extremely annoying in short intense periods. These are recurring events, where probably the rest of us could have helped by just ignoring it. He acts childish on these occasions, but concerting a "ban" campaign clearly just gets him more cooked up.

I feel a bit sorry for him, because what he writes shows that he doesn't feel good at all in those periods. But banning is not a solution. We would just create a martyr. That has never helped anybody in history. And the only harm he is doing, as I see it, is to himself. Yes, he made 212 (or whatever) posts in a day or two, but they didn't take up particularly much bandwidth compared to Trendy's long posts or MGG's long copy paste reportages. And, if they caused bandwidth troubles or disruption it was just as much because of all the people (myself included) that responded to them, and engaged in real-time verbal trashing.

So yes to "Isaac: Cooling down is mature; continuous shouting is immature" but no to "Ban Isaac."

I pretty much agree with HJ.
I haven't voted, but if I do, I'll probably vote NO to banning.
If it was a choice between the two, I'd ban Mikey rather than Isaac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:04 am 
Banned

Here are my thoughts on this issue.

So far, I've apologized twice both for the uncalled for and/or immature actions taken by certain posters (including various forms of harassment and unprovoked insults) towards me, and for any actions that I myself might have taken that might have accidentally caused any offense or disruption of the forum. I certainly didn't mean anybody any harm by anything I've done.

The fact that these posters continue to show hatred towards me, spreading lies about me (claiming I've said things I've never said; the laughably flimsy claims that I've edited old posts to make me look good and later lied about making the posts in the first place), starting eight threads suggesting that I should be banned (this one was started after my first apology was posted) when I have never started that many threads to suggest the banning of any one poster, (and in no cases have I suggested that a poster be banned that hasn't seriously broken the rules of the forum), and also in spite of the fact that I haven't broken any of the forum's rules, and I've been a respected, valued contributer to this board for six years.

I may seem a bit rash at times, but I've never flat out attacked anyone without provocation, despite claims to the contrary. I've always had kind of a defensive attitude, often I've found myself being provoked into engaging in a spit match with another to defend my honor and integrity. I try not to do this, I know that people who try to pick fights with me for no reason are less intelligent than I am, and it's kind of ridiculous when I try to lower myself to their level of immaturity.

And it's ridiculous that Galoot, Lumpy, etc. are still claiming that I've been "throwing tantrums", that I'm an "asshole", "spoiled obnoxious brat", when they have behaved far worse than I ever have and haven't had 8 threads devoted to each's proposed banning. I started a new "Word Association" thread for this year that ended up being bombarded by trolling and insults from these people. They can't possibly defend that kind of crap. (Or calling me a manic depressive schizo who hears voices in his head and claiming that I don't have a sense of humor.)

In a previous post, I've suggested that I be made a moderator because, early on I've taken the ideas of moderation and censorship hand in hand, and along the way I've learned that this absolutely not true. While I still feel that we shouldn't have a censor, we probably would have been better off having someone who posts on here regularly who can merge similar threads and lock up (or delete) abusive threads like those that Slime bumped last week, so we can prevent crap like this from happening. This past week would have never happened if we had an active moderator.

(And, Galoot and SpaceBro, if you two actually expect me to believe that 25 actual people actually voted to have me banned, I've got some fantastic real estate deals for you two.)

(Lumpy and Zombie--thanks for the fantastically one-sided account of the times when I've stopped in the chat room. Couldn't help but leave out the fact that I was repeatedly defended by others, that people said that they didn't want me banned, or that posts about me by you and others were referred to as 'immature'? I guess you're too busy lying about how "hopeless" I am, and referring to me as "troubled," "schizo," etc. because you can't handle the fact that not everybody hates me?)

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:08 am 

Need more votes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:10 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
HJ wrote:
And the only harm he is doing, as I see it, is to himself. Yes, he made 212 (or whatever) posts in a day or two, but they didn't take up particularly much bandwidth compared to Trendy's long posts or MGG's long copy paste reportages.

Are you implying in anyway I am "doing harm" to this here forum by posting news and information articles?

Absolutely not! I was just trying to say that the mere number of posts says nothing about activity and "harm"; lengths of posts could be as relevant. Everything in the case that one believes that harm is being done.

My position is, to make it clear, that he, and you, do no harm.

(But gee, are you really that paranoid all the time? Relax; I didn't say your posts were stupid. Generally: it's a message board, and we don't have to be "honorable" all the time. E.g., what you just said about me was not "honorable," but I can take it 8) .)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:49 am 
Banned

Isaac

Every time you do one of your "apologies" you only make it worse, because you reall dont apologize.

If you just shut the fuck up for a while, it just might blow over.

But banning your ass, and forcing you to do something else with your time just might be a healthy thing for you. You spend WAY too much time on the internet, and you worry WAY too much about what people think about you.

Get out there. Explore REAL LIFE and learn from this experience. This forum is doing you more harm than good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next