Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:33 am 

jaypfunk wrote:
Albums with more than 20mins per side do not exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:43 am 
Banned

zombie1210 wrote:
Isaac

Every vxte vxv dv vxv of yxvx "xvoxovxvs" yxv ovxy mxvx xv xvxve, bexavxe yxv rvxvx doxv xvoxoxizv.

If xov vvzx vxuv xuv fxvk vx xov a xvilx, iv jxvt mxvht vxov ovxr.

Bxv xavxixg yovr xvx, vxv vorxivg vox vv xv xovxthxng xlxv xith vovx vixe jvxt vixvt vx a hvxlvxy xvixg vox xov. Xov xpexd VXY xvo xvch vxme ox vxe ixtxrxet, xvx xvx xvxvx xvx vox xuvx xvoxt xvax xvoplx xhvnx vxovx xov.

Xev ovx txvrx. Vxplovx VEXV VIFX xnv xvxrx xvox vxix vxpvrxvxve. Xvix vorvx vx vxvxv xov xorv xvrv xvax xoxv.

Thank you for more useless crap with absolutely no basis in reality. :roll:

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

EDIT:

Jakeobs wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Albums with more than 20mins per side do not exist.

Isaac wrote:
And let's put the damn "20 minutes" rumor to rest. I NEVER said that it was impossible to press a record side with more than twenty minutes of audio. That is a ludicrous and unsubstantiated LIE.

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:44 am 

HJ wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
HJ wrote:
And the only harm he is doing, as I see it, is to himself. Yes, he made 212 (or whatever) posts in a day or two, but they didn't take up particularly much bandwidth compared to Trendy's long posts or MGG's long copy paste reportages.

Are you implying in anyway I am "doing harm" to this here forum by posting news and information articles?

Absolutely not! I was just trying to say that the mere number of posts says nothing about activity and "harm"; lengths of posts could be as relevant. Everything in the case that one believes that harm is being done.

My position is, to make it clear, that he, and you, do no harm.

(But gee, are you really that paranoid all the time? Relax; I didn't say your posts were stupid. Generally: it's a message board, and we don't have to be "honorable" all the time. E.g., what you just said about me was not "honorable," but I can take it 8) .)

OK, I was only asking... It is all good. Maybe if I didn't have received so many attacks on the past, by a limited number of people, I wouldn't act so defensive when my name is brought up on a discussion about banning someone because of their forum behavior...

Yes, we don't have to be honorable all the time, it is up to you. Same goes about being an asshole or simply being neutral... It is always up to us.

I was only bringing what my real honest opinions are, no bullshitting: I think some particularly few look down on some of "my" ideas because of possibly being out of tune with general world livelihood situations, political, cultural, scientific and religious contexts. For example, where I live there was once a military dictatorship, some other places were completely destroyed by war, other have reigned in prosperity most of the time. No offense meant for Danish folk or any other nationalities. I have quite a handful of good friends all over Scandinavia... But living in places with the most high development indexes might have its down side also: occasionally blurring people's perception of the world (mainly due media conditioning). That is what I meant by Fantasy Island...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:15 am 

Isaac wrote:
Here are my thoughts on this issue.

So far, I've apologized twice both for the uncalled for and/or immature actions taken by certain posters (including various forms of harassment and unprovoked insults) towards me, and for any actions that I myself might have taken that might have accidentally caused any offense or disruption of the forum. I certainly didn't mean anybody any harm by anything I've done.

The fact that these posters continue to show hatred towards me, spreading lies about me (claiming I've said things I've never said; the laughably flimsy claims that I've edited old posts to make me look good and later lied about making the posts in the first place), starting eight threads suggesting that I should be banned (this one was started after my first apology was posted) when I have never started that many threads to suggest the banning of any one poster, (and in no cases have I suggested that a poster be banned that hasn't seriously broken the rules of the forum), and also in spite of the fact that I haven't broken any of the forum's rules, and I've been a respected, valued contributer to this board for six years.

I may seem a bit rash at times, but I've never flat out attacked anyone without provocation, despite claims to the contrary. I've always had kind of a defensive attitude, often I've found myself being provoked into engaging in a spit match with another to defend my honor and integrity. I try not to do this, I know that people who try to pick fights with me for no reason are less intelligent than I am, and it's kind of ridiculous when I try to lower myself to their level of immaturity.

And it's ridiculous that Galoot, Lumpy, etc. are still claiming that I've been "throwing tantrums", that I'm an "asshole", "spoiled obnoxious brat", when they have behaved far worse than I ever have and haven't had 8 threads devoted to each's proposed banning. I started a new "Word Association" thread for this year that ended up being bombarded by trolling and insults from these people. They can't possibly defend that kind of crap. (Or calling me a manic depressive schizo who hears voices in his head and claiming that I don't have a sense of humor.)

In a previous post, I've suggested that I be made a moderator because, early on I've taken the ideas of moderation and censorship hand in hand, and along the way I've learned that this absolutely not true. While I still feel that we shouldn't have a censor, we probably would have been better off having someone who posts on here regularly who can merge similar threads and lock up (or delete) abusive threads like those that Slime bumped last week, so we can prevent crap like this from happening. This past week would have never happened if we had an active moderator.

(And, Galoot and SpaceBro, if you two actually expect me to believe that 25 actual people actually voted to have me banned, I've got some fantastic real estate deals for you two.)

(Lumpy and Zombie--thanks for the fantastically one-sided account of the times when I've stopped in the chat room. Couldn't help but leave out the fact that I was repeatedly defended by others, that people said that they didn't want me banned, or that posts about me by you and others were referred to as 'immature'? I guess you're too busy lying about how "hopeless" I am, and referring to me as "troubled," "schizo," etc. because you can't handle the fact that not everybody hates me?)

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

-The thing about "apologizing for the uncalled for and/or immature actions taken by certain posters (including various forms of harassment and unprovoked insults) towards me" is that it's not an apology. It's offending the people you refer to, and therefore putting it on a slippery slope.

You're responsible for taking too hard on other people's remarks and actions, and reacting in a way that is definitely not making matters better, but letting the spiral go further. You did something stupid, you're at fault for that. Don't point your finger at other people.
There is no need for you to bump 216 threads, there never was, and there never will be. Nobody drove you to it. If you think it did, you may have problems beyond this thread and I urge you to get off the internet and into something social.

If people react in a negative way (by calling names) to you, it may be because you said something stupid. Unfortunately not all people show the kind way of disapproving. Don't take up on that, just try to see if you said something you shouldn't have, and then shut up. Be the smart one.

(The following lesson comes from 14 years of being bullied.)
When you're being teased or whatever, it tends to try to provoke your reaction. If you don't react, it will diminish and eventually stop. If you overreact, it will continue and grow worse, to which you overreact again, o which they tease and all that. Why the others may be at fault, there is a choice between getting a moderator to tell the others off, or you to stamp in the ground and bite your teeth. The first one will definitely not make you popular, or liked. Instead you'll be an unnecessary addition, a log, and the teasing may start again when the moderator is not looking.
Best bet is to lay low, only speak when you're spoken to, and gradually move into a circle. It may be a hard path, but it's still the best one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:24 am 
Banned

Isaac wrote:
zombie1210 wrote:
Isaac

Every vxte vxv dv vxv of yxvx "xvoxovxvs" yxv ovxy mxvx xv xvxve, bexavxe yxv rvxvx doxv xvoxoxizv.

If xov vvzx vxuv xuv fxvk vx xov a xvilx, iv jxvt mxvht vxov ovxr.

Bxv xavxixg yovr xvx, vxv vorxivg vox vv xv xovxthxng xlxv xith vovx vixe jvxt vixvt vx a hvxlvxy xvixg vox xov. Xov xpexd VXY xvo xvch vxme ox vxe ixtxrxet, xvx xvx xvxvx xvx vox xuvx xvoxt xvax xvoplx xhvnx vxovx xov.

Xev ovx txvrx. Vxplovx VEXV VIFX xnv xvxrx xvox vxix vxpvrxvxve. Xvix vorvx vx vxvxv xov xorv xvrv xvax xoxv.

Thank you for more useless crap with absolutely no basis in reality. :roll:

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Listen asswipe.....the heart of your problem is that you wont listen to anybody, you think you know everything.

You know nothing about real life, and you have zero social skills. I blame your home schooling for that.

You can change, or you can continue to fight these battles all your life. Its your choice. Quit lying. Quit twisiting around what people say. Aceept the fact that you don't know everything. Chill the fuck out.

If you were normal, you would have forgotten all about this ban stuff, and tried to act more responisbly. But you aren't normal, you're fucked up in the head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:45 am 

In other words, you are saying.....The whole trouble with Isaac is he won't listen to what the whole trouble with Isaac is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:46 am 

Seriously, listen to Zombie, I'm pretty sure everyone will just forget about this if you stop being so argumentative and paranoid and just learn to get along with folks that you may actually end up having a good friendship with. I actually like you when you're not being a dick to everyone, I just don't understand why you feel the need to make conflict with people all the time.

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:54 am 
Banned

Crudblud wrote:
Seriously, listen to Zombie, I'm pretty sure everyone will just forget about this if you stop being so argumentative and paranoid and just learn to get along with folks that you may actually end up having a good friendship with. I actually like you when you're not being a dick to everyone, I just don't understand why you feel the need to make conflict with people all the time.

This aint about me.

Its about why Isaac is constantly in turmoil.

He needs to grow up. Know which battles to fight, and which ones to walk away from.

The internet has not help him grow as a person. Its only given him something he can hide behind.

p.s. See the thread about the dog eating cat shit. Isaac cant help himself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:58 am 

zombie1210 wrote:
Crudblud wrote:

This aint about me.

Its about why Isaac is constantly in turmoil.

He needs to grow up. Know which battles to fight, and which ones to walk away from.

The internet has not help him grow as a person. Its only given him something he can hide behind.

p.s. See the thread about the dog eating cat shit. Isaac cant help himself

I know, I just meant that you gave good advice to Isaac and then he shat on it, when I think he should listen to you because I think that you're correct in what you're saying. It seems he won't listen because he's in such denial that he's done anything wrong, he needs to let his guard down and communicate with people, not shout at them.

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:09 am 
Banned

He needs to accept the fact that I really do want to help him, and so do most people on the forum. If he doesn't change, banishment may be the best way to get him to learn. I'd rather see him swallow a little pride, and listen to people who know a helluva lot more about life than he does.

But his continual denial is not a good sign.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:11 am 
Banned

I think you need to listen to yourself. "Constantly in turmoil", "he needs to grow up", "the Internet has not help [sic] him grow as a person"...do you actually read what you write, or is your head that far up your ass? I don't remember you making a big thing about maturity when you were randomly spewing random insults and curse words at anyone who offered even the slightest criticism of you. And now you're Dr. fuckin' Phil all of a sudden?

Am I the only one who finds this crap so condescendingly juvenile? An acknowledged troll offers personal advice towards someone he has never met in his life? Do you think you can pull horseshit with zero basis in reality and slap my name onto it? Now, really. Save the fake concern from when they pull you away from the computer and start pumping you full of X a n a x.

I actually have a life outside of what goes on with the Internet. But everytime I log in here, you are always here, offering up a boiling pot of bile for everyone around you. Please stop trying to suck everyone into your crap.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:15 am 
Banned

Isaac wrote:
I think you need to listen to yourself. "Constantly in turmoil", "he needs to grow up", "the Internet has not help [sic] him grow as a person"...do you actually read what you write, or is your head that far up your ass? I don't remember you making a big thing about maturity when you were randomly spewing random insults and curse words at anyone who offered even the slightest criticism of you. And now you're Dr. fuckin' Phil all of a sudden?

Am I the only one who finds this crap so condescendingly juvenile? An acknowledged troll offers personal advice towards someone he has never met in his life? Do you think you can pull horseshit with zero basis in reality and slap my name onto it? Now, really. Save the fake concern from when they pull you away from the computer and start pumping you full of *SPAM*.

I actually have a life outside of what goes on with the Internet. But everytime I log in here, you are always here, offering up a boiling pot of bile for everyone around you. Please stop trying to suck everyone into your crap.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Denial and misdirection are your favorite replies.

You need help. Pure and simple.

Accept some or you will eventually get banned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:20 am 
Banned

zombie1210 wrote:
Isaac wrote:
Ask the guy who thinks he has the answers to everything in life, but clearly has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

.....You pretend to want people to leave you alone, but in reality, you love conflict. Give it a fucking rest, or the "attacks" on you will never cease......

If Isaac "loves conflict," why would he want to "give it a fucking rest"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:55 am 

jimmie d killed the forum wrote:
zombie1210 wrote:
Isaac wrote:
Ask the guy who thinks he has the answers to everything in life, but clearly has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

.....You pretend to want people to leave you alone, but in reality, you love conflict. Give it a fucking rest, or the "attacks" on you will never cease......

". . . we got a philosopher in here . . ." :wink:

and I thought Isaac's quote at the top of the page, 'quoting zombie' with gibberish, was pretty funny. Especially so since everything z wrote in the original seems right on to me. Funny Isaac!

But he was being serious and so you could not be.

btw zombie, you were fun in chat last night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:43 am 
Banned

punknaynowned wrote:
jimmie d killed the forum wrote:
zombie1210 wrote:
Isaac wrote:

". . . we got a philosopher in here . . ." :wink:

and I thought Isaac's quote at the top of the page, 'quoting zombie' with gibberish, was pretty funny. Especially so since everything z wrote in the original seems right on to me. Funny Isaac!

But he was being serious and so you could not be.

btw zombie, you were fun in chat last night!

Chat was cool. Probably be there again tonight.

Maybe the boy will want to play nice this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:52 pm 

zombie1210 wrote:

Spending Friday night AND Saturday night in a chat room??? Sounds to me like Isaac isn't the only one on here with poor real world/social skills.

Please don't misunderstand me, I'm NOT attacking you (hell, I'll freely admit that I'm one of the most misanthropic curmudgeons on the planet - then again, I am a 37 year old married suburbanite, so it's to be expected to some degree). I just think you should ease up on Isaac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:58 pm 
Banned

Jakeobs wrote:
zombie1210 wrote:

Spending Friday night AND Saturday night in a chat room??? Sounds to me like Isaac isn't the only one on here with poor real world/social skills.

Please don't misunderstand me, I'm NOT attacking you (hell, I'll freely admit that I'm one of the most misanthropic curmudgeons on the planet - then again, I am a 37 year old married suburbanite, so it's to be expected to some degree). I just think you should ease up on Isaac.

No harm. No foul.

I could be over at the neighborhood meat market, picking up skanks, but I am hanging out with a couple friends. My laptop will be on.

But fuck, I'm 53 years old. I've already lived HALF A LIFE. He has only begun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:12 am 

BBP wrote:
Isaac wrote:
Here are my thoughts on this issue.

So far, I've apologized twice both for the uncalled for and/or immature actions taken by certain posters (including various forms of harassment and unprovoked insults) towards me, and for any actions that I myself might have taken that might have accidentally caused any offense or disruption of the forum. I certainly didn't mean anybody any harm by anything I've done.

The fact that these posters continue to show hatred towards me, spreading lies about me (claiming I've said things I've never said; the laughably flimsy claims that I've edited old posts to make me look good and later lied about making the posts in the first place), starting eight threads suggesting that I should be banned (this one was started after my first apology was posted) when I have never started that many threads to suggest the banning of any one poster, (and in no cases have I suggested that a poster be banned that hasn't seriously broken the rules of the forum), and also in spite of the fact that I haven't broken any of the forum's rules, and I've been a respected, valued contributer to this board for six years.

I may seem a bit rash at times, but I've never flat out attacked anyone without provocation, despite claims to the contrary. I've always had kind of a defensive attitude, often I've found myself being provoked into engaging in a spit match with another to defend my honor and integrity. I try not to do this, I know that people who try to pick fights with me for no reason are less intelligent than I am, and it's kind of ridiculous when I try to lower myself to their level of immaturity.

And it's ridiculous that Galoot, Lumpy, etc. are still claiming that I've been "throwing tantrums", that I'm an "asshole", "spoiled obnoxious brat", when they have behaved far worse than I ever have and haven't had 8 threads devoted to each's proposed banning. I started a new "Word Association" thread for this year that ended up being bombarded by trolling and insults from these people. They can't possibly defend that kind of crap. (Or calling me a manic depressive schizo who hears voices in his head and claiming that I don't have a sense of humor.)

In a previous post, I've suggested that I be made a moderator because, early on I've taken the ideas of moderation and censorship hand in hand, and along the way I've learned that this absolutely not true. While I still feel that we shouldn't have a censor, we probably would have been better off having someone who posts on here regularly who can merge similar threads and lock up (or delete) abusive threads like those that Slime bumped last week, so we can prevent crap like this from happening. This past week would have never happened if we had an active moderator.

(And, Galoot and SpaceBro, if you two actually expect me to believe that 25 actual people actually voted to have me banned, I've got some fantastic real estate deals for you two.)

(Lumpy and Zombie--thanks for the fantastically one-sided account of the times when I've stopped in the chat room. Couldn't help but leave out the fact that I was repeatedly defended by others, that people said that they didn't want me banned, or that posts about me by you and others were referred to as 'immature'? I guess you're too busy lying about how "hopeless" I am, and referring to me as "troubled," "schizo," etc. because you can't handle the fact that not everybody hates me?)

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

-The thing about "apologizing for the uncalled for and/or immature actions taken by certain posters (including various forms of harassment and unprovoked insults) towards me" is that it's not an apology. It's offending the people you refer to, and therefore putting it on a slippery slope.

You're responsible for taking too hard on other people's remarks and actions, and reacting in a way that is definitely not making matters better, but letting the spiral go further. You did something stupid, you're at fault for that. Don't point your finger at other people.
There is no need for you to bump 216 threads, there never was, and there never will be. Nobody drove you to it. If you think it did, you may have problems beyond this thread and I urge you to get off the internet and into something social.

If people react in a negative way (by calling names) to you, it may be because you said something stupid. Unfortunately not all people show the kind way of disapproving. Don't take up on that, just try to see if you said something you shouldn't have, and then shut up. Be the smart one.

(The following lesson comes from 14 years of being bullied.)
When you're being teased or whatever, it tends to try to provoke your reaction. If you don't react, it will diminish and eventually stop. If you overreact, it will continue and grow worse, to which you overreact again, o which they tease and all that. Why the others may be at fault, there is a choice between getting a moderator to tell the others off, or you to stamp in the ground and bite your teeth. The first one will definitely not make you popular, or liked. Instead you'll be an unnecessary addition, a log, and the teasing may start again when the moderator is not looking.
Best bet is to lay low, only speak when you're spoken to, and gradually move into a circle. It may be a hard path, but it's still the best one.

Wow! BBP you are a wonderful person!

This is Sage advice to the whole Human Race! please take heed!

Please slow down Isaac.

you other guys..Yea you have good points and all but please leave him alone fore a few days OK? You guys are starting to act like bullies and it really isn't cool in my opinion.

Isaac, don't be such a little dickhead! Admit when you are wrong and quit trying to cover up shit. You are not fooling anyone.

All in all I have to say that people on here are a cut above most spoon fed dip shits who live off American Idol and all the rest of Schmaltz-America. We are Zappa fans and not dip shits. So please try to think above this shit.

Sure he has done some questionable things on here but, do you guys have to be so relentless?

Dude, you got blood on my birkenstocks!

:D :D

Fuck I FEEL LIKE A GOD DAMN HIPPIE NOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:13 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:26 am 

Kinda like how they treated Christ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:31 am 
Banned

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Kinda like how they treated Christ

Isaac is JESUS?

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:01 am 

Mite be from mexico

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:13 am 

just plain doug wrote:
In other words, you are saying.....The whole trouble with Isaac is he won't listen to what the whole trouble with Isaac is.

Exactly.................he just doesn't listen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:37 am 
Banned

BBP wrote:
The thing about "apologizing for the uncalled for and/or immature actions taken by certain posters (including various forms of harassment and unprovoked insults) towards me" is that it's not an apology. It's offending the people you refer to, and therefore putting it on a slippery slope.

Do you really think I care if I offend jackasses? I don't think anyone was particularly offended by that. You'll notice that, so far, I've apologized twice, and there are still these attacks directed towards me. This is obviously deeper and has absolutely nothing to do with any specific thing I've done.

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
just plain doug wrote:

Exactly.................he just doesn't listen.

Biggest load of crap I've ever heard. What should I expect coming from someone who makes several successive posts in a row, at 1:11, 1:13, 1:16, 1:23 and 1:26, all of which devoted to your usual "Ban Isaac" crap?

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:45 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next