Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Bigotry Gone Wrong
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:15 am 

This is an ironic title on purpose. Gone wrong? How could it it ever be right? Anyway the theme of the thread is to provide examples of where racism or any other type of bigotry has led to a regrettable outcome. This thread was inspired by the alarming level of racism found on this forum. Frank must be rolling in his grave.

Last edited by polydigm on Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Bigotry Gone Wrong
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:18 am 

Alan Turing, one of the fathers of modern computing, was hounded to death by the law in England against homosexuals during the time of his life. The guy was a genius and ended up committing suicide in the face of bigoted treatment. We should be ashamed of ourselves. Humans suck.

Last edited by polydigm on Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:28 am 

Eric Dolphy was a diabetic, who when touring, in Europe, just after his thirty sixth birthday ended up in hospital, where he was treated as a drug addict black musician and treated for detox. Dolphy was anti drug and was not high but suffering from diabetic complications which killed him but could have been easily treated if properly diagnosed. He was in his prime and would have gone on to do who knows what? Again, humans suck.

Last edited by polydigm on Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:46 am 

almost goofballed around here.
couldn't do it.
too great of a thread.

but i will try to return with something.

thank you, poly.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:55 am 

polydigm wrote:
This is an ironic title on purpose. Gone wrong? How could it it ever be right? Anyway the theme of the thread is to provide examples of where racism or any other type of bigotry has led to a regrettable outcome. This thread was inspired by the alarming level of racism found on this forum. Frank must be rolling in his grave.

Shut up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:39 pm 

I guess the obvious one would be Dr. King.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:28 pm 

What came first, bigotry or humans?

The human brain is a lump of dough waiting to be molded.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:34 pm 

Yes they do suck. Like the 15 yr old black human from Tobyhana, Pennsylvania who broke into an 83 yr old white womans home robbed her, stabbed her 23 times and then raped her. So yes, humans suck.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:50 pm 

polydigm wrote:
This thread was inspired by the alarming level of racism found on this forum. Frank must be rolling in his grave.
agreed.

Last edited by Lumpy Gravy on Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:50 pm 

Bonny also known as BBP one of the few (very few) women left on this forum, she is a rare person, a female who gets FZ and likes FZ. She seems cultured, well rounded, and interested in learning...although she is accident prone and has a real problem with bikes... :wink:

This poor women as been assaulted in many ways by bullying bigots who I am sure should know better and probably would have their ass handed to them by their Mother, Wife, or Sister if they got caught being such an asshole (for those that have none of these active in their life, while not acceptable as an excuse, it explains a lot).

I’m not sure where the flourishing rapid male anti-female vicious bigoted behavior has come from, but personally it disgusts me.

While I am a broken down old man, I was one bad mother fucker not to many years ago and I know there is enough gas in the tank and fire power left in the weapons that if I ever met it live and in color…I’m probably going to jail.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:04 pm 

I'll nominate the Holocaust.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:14 am 

Blues Brothers nazis...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhozx819izU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:11 am 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
polydigm wrote:
This thread was inspired by the alarming level of racism found on this forum. Frank must be rolling in his grave.
agreed.

+1

Plook wrote:
I’m not sure where the flourishing rapid male anti-female vicious bigoted behavior has come from, but personally it disgusts me.

It comes from people with very low intellect who are very easily manipulated by entities with corrupt intentions, like Fox News, Republicans and the businesses that profit off of their ignorance. These are the types of people who believe that the only way to put out a fire is throw more gasoline on it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:33 am 

Plook wrote:
Bonny also known as BBP one of the few (very few) women left on this forum, she is a rare person, a female who gets FZ and likes FZ. She seems cultured, well rounded, and interested in learning...although she is accident prone and has a real problem with bikes... :wink:

This poor women as been assaulted in many ways by bullying bigots who I am sure should know better and probably would have their ass handed to them by their Mother, Wife, or Sister if they got caught being such an asshole (for those that have none of these active in their life, while not acceptable as an excuse, it explains a lot).

While I am a broken down old man, I was one bad mother fucker not to many years ago and I know there is enough gas in the tank and fire power left in the weapons that if I ever met it live and in color…I’m probably going to jail.

:smoke:

Not sure it is fair to frame it as strictly anti-female.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:27 am 

There's been a very strong anti-female movement in recent years, haven't you noticed? Bad economy (and other crises) means stupid people blame one or more group of "the others", whether it's women or foreigners or Jews or homosexuals or Scientologists or dog owners.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:34 pm 

BBP wrote:
women or foreigners or Jews or homosexuals or Scientologists or dog owners

And white non-scientologist heterosexual males?

I hope you all start persecuting white males on a grand scale soon so I won't feel so left out. Maybe if you round up and cut the balls off of 4 or 5 million white American men they will finally get the respect they deserve.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:54 pm 

You'll be discriminated soon enough when you're over 50 and unemployed. Unless you were already. Now stop pecking on me just because you can't accept defeat.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:02 pm 

BBP wrote:
Now stop pecking on me just because you can't accept defeat.

You go girl... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:33 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
BBP wrote:
women or foreigners or Jews or homosexuals or Scientologists or dog owners

And white non-scientologist heterosexual males?

I hope you all start persecuting white males on a grand scale soon so I won't feel so left out. Maybe if you round up and cut the balls off of 4 or 5 million white American men they will finally get the respect they deserve.

I wasn't going to say anything to rebut Plook's defense of BBP but she gets no more criticism than anybody else on this forum and what she does get is brought on by herself. Witness this latest post. Having said that I don't have anything against BBP. "Just don't be a wimp about" - FZ.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:51 pm 

Plook wrote:
BBP wrote:
Now stop pecking on me just because you can't accept defeat.

You go girl... :smoke:

Defeat? I'm not playing a game. I am trying to communicate. I know more than you about what's "wrong" with America. You're an arrogant person.

I've been discriminated against my whole life. I was born poor.

Plook, what about me? Ku3 is right. Why didn't you defend DB or sb when I said much harsher things to them? Your reverse sexism is lame. I'm not picking on a woman. I'm disagreeing with a human being. She doesn't know a goddamn thing about the streets of america and I don't give a damn what her gender is.

How about having my back, Plook? Just because I don't bore you with all the hardships I've endured? Then to have this spoiled person tell me I know nothing of discrimination because I am a white man. The most hated species on the planet, apparently. Talk about racist. Talk about bullies.

Again, I know what to say to kiss BBp's ass. Not gonna do it. It's too late now, anyway.

Last edited by downer mydnyte on Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:55 pm 

She's a bit of a high dudgeon but at her best reminds me of Margaret Dumont.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:08 pm 

brainpang wrote:

Now I know what a high dudgeon is. :lol: I looked up Margaret Dumont too. I guess I'm not much of a Marx Brothers scholar.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:16 pm 

KUIII wrote:
brainpang wrote:

Now I know what a high dudgeon is. :lol: I looked up Margaret Dumont too. I guess I'm not much of a Marx Brothers scholar.

Don't feel bad KU I had look that up too...I was a big Stooges fan and I have trouble making that connection, but it made me laugh so that’s a good thing... :D

Downer I don't think SB or DB need anyone to help them, they are going to march forward with crazy volumes of information to support their point regardless of anything anyone will say, the word that comes to mind is relentless... :wink:

I’m a little old school while I respect women and their power I have the instinct to protect and defend women and children and I raised a bunch of women so my knobs are turned up all the way… :!:

As for you Downer you’re a smart guy I know that the white male suppression you talk about exists, if there are 5 people applying for the job and they need to meet some diversity requirement you aren’t getting the job... :arrow:

We know the deck is stacked in many different ways and you just have to get in there and maneuver your way through until you make your objectives, I believe that has been true as long as there has been human societies… :idea:

Some people are ruthless in their pursuits and that’s bad or even dare say evil. For me it’s just a matter of doing it with a moral compass and trying not to be mean or hurt people, of course if someone is coming after you it’s best to protect yourself… :shock:

It's none of my business and it's only an observation but I see Bonny as a very young women who is meandering thru life following a thirst to learn and expand, but with no end game or plan...a kind of ship without a rudder… :lol:

But what do I know I could be completely wrong as all of us could be…it’s the internet… :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:35 pm 

BBP wrote:
There's been a very strong anti-female movement in recent years, haven't you noticed? Bad economy (and other crises) means stupid people blame one or more group of "the others", whether it's women or foreigners or Jews or homosexuals or Scientologists or dog owners.

Or maybe you just want to blame all of us smart people for your problems!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:00 pm 

BBP wrote:
You'll be discriminated soon enough when you're over 50 and unemployed. Unless you were already. Now stop pecking on me just because you can't accept defeat.

I, for one never accepted defeat. I will never be unemployed, probably because I have a college degree and belong to a great union. But that aside, why do you set yourself up as an authority trying to dictate to others how to behave?
You're in your mid to late 20's, live with your dad, have no relationship, and you deliver newspapers via bicycle for a living??? Pffft! Go preach on your own forum about personal behaviour before telling everyone here how to act and what to say. I've been alive for almost "twice" your lifetime have both book smarts and street smarts (which you can be taught or get a late start) have a published book, a great family, "real" friends (not internet friends) for over 40+ years!
Who wins now?????