Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64
 Post subject: Re: ZAPPA MEMORABILIA!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:04 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:51 pm 

Trip wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I can make GW on a $1dollar bill look just like FZ with a lot of strokes of the pen. The eyes and nose are close enough and with FZ's long hair you can make old George's face look more sallow/skinny like FZ was. Then add the mustache and wallah! You got FZ on our currency like he would have been anyway! :twisted:

Do it,I want to see what you come up with.

Sure. I even gave Dweezil one. I'll post one next time I go to the post office next week.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:18 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:

This poster is a fake. It is not rare. It is not a collector's item. It was not printed in 1972. The concert allegedly advertised on the poster did not take place.

Frank Zappa did perform a concert with the Mothers Of Invention at Cal State Fullerton, with Alice Cooper as the opening act. But it was on November 8, 1968. This 1968 concert can be heard on Our Man In Nirvana (Beat The Boots #2).

On November 8, 1972, Frank Zappa and his Petit Wazoo band were touring the eastern United States--thousands of miles from Fullerton. They performed in Commack, New York, on November 7, 1972, and in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on November 10, 1972.

On November 8, 1972, Alice Cooper were en route from the eastern United States--thousands of miles from Fullerton--to Europe--even further (in the same direction) from Fullerton. They performed in Hempstead, New York, on November 2, 1972, and in Glasgow, Scotland, on November 10, 1972.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:48 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:

Is that John Lennon in Franks imperial? (kinda' like the Revolver album cover pix) Is this poster *real* or not? Anyone know?

Thanks for the clarification jpd. Much appreciated! Knowledge is not wisdom, but it sure can't hurt none! :wink: 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:02 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:

Is that John Lennon in Franks imperial? (kinda' like the Revolver album cover pix) Is this poster *real* or not? Anyone know?

Thanks for the clarification jpd. Much appreciated! Knowledge is not wisdom, but it sure can't hurt none! :wink: 8)

L to R - Jim Pons, Mark Volman, FZ, Ansley 'Imperial' Dunbar, Howard Kaylan, Ian Underwood and Bob Harris.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:15 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Is this poster *real* or not? Anyone know?
It would appear so.

"On Oct. 24, 1971, Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention played to a jammed University of Denver arena. According to event coverage by Clarion reporter Steve Marsh (BA ’74), many students didn’t know what to expect from the legendary rocker, who was known for his anarchical shows. In the words of a student just before the concert: “Jesus, this outa be one helluva weird night, man.” Zappa recorded more than 60 albums and was posthumously inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1995.

This poster resides in DU’s archives. If you were at the concert, please write us with your recollections."

http://blogs.du.edu/today/magazine/fran ... -performed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:35 pm 

coevad wrote:
L to R - Jim Pons, Mark Volman, FZ, Ansley 'Imperial' Dunbar, Howard Kaylan, Ian Underwood and Bob Harris.

Funny, it don't look like Ansley. But they always put the drummer in the back-middle! Where did you get that info bro'?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:38 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Is this poster *real* or not? Anyone know?
It would appear so.

"On Oct. 24, 1971, Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention played to a jammed University of Denver arena. According to event coverage by Clarion reporter Steve Marsh (BA ’74), many students didn’t know what to expect from the legendary rocker, who was known for his anarchical shows. In the words of a student just before the concert: “Jesus, this outa be one helluva weird night, man.” Zappa recorded more than 60 albums and was posthumously inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1995.

This poster resides in DU’s archives. If you were at the concert, please write us with your recollections."

http://blogs.du.edu/today/magazine/fran ... -performed

Thanx and nice too! I wonder if anyone's written their account of the festivities that night? 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:42 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
coevad wrote:

Funny, it don't look like Ansley. But they always put the drummer in the back-middle! Where did you get that info bro'?

I got the info from my own brain. Scary huh?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64